- Have you contacted your Power Company? There may be a fault in the street.
Contact Energy 0800 809 000
Empower 0800 340 000
Genesis 0800 300 400
Meridian Energy 0800 496 496
Trust Power 0800 878 787
- Have you checked with a neighbour? The problem may be affecting more than just your unit.
- Have you checked your fuse box? There may have been an overload and the safety switch has been activated and needs resetting. In older properties you may need to purchase and replace the fuse wire.
Your Property Manager is happy to talk you through this easy job.
- Is it the whole house or just one socket? And are you sure it's not just because you have a faulty appliance?
Kitchen/Bathroom/Laundry sink blocked?
- Have you tried pouring hot water down the sink or using a drain cleaner such as "Draino" to try and free the blockage?
- Have you cleared hairs, soap, food etc from the waste and pipe?
- Have you removed old food from the kitchen waste & poured boiling water down the drain?
No Hot Water?
- Have you checked that the hot water switch is turned on?
- Have you checked the fuse in the meter box. Has someone turned off the fuse by mistake, or has the fuse blown?
- Have you checked that the water tap on the hot water system itself is turned on?
Washing machine not working?
- Are the washing machine taps turned on at the wall?
- Have you checked to make sure that the appliance is turned on at the wall?
- Have you checked that the lid is closing properly?
- If the machine has stopped half way through a cycle it is likely that the drum is overloaded or out of balance - try taking some clothes out or rearranging the laundry in the drum to be more evenly distributed around the drum.
Lights or power points not working?
- Have you replaced the light bulb?
Dryer is not working?
- Have you checked to see if the filter needs cleaning out? Dryers can automatically shut down due to overload of lint in the filter.
Stove element not working?
- Have you checked your fuse box? If there has been an overload the safety switch may need resetting
- Have you checked the connections to make sure they are not loose or dirty?
- Has the oven switch be turned off my mistake?
- Is the oven timer on? If the timer is on the oven will appear not to be working, but simply turning off the timer solves the problem.
Garage remote control not working?
- Have you checked to see if the batteries have not gone flat?
- Have you checked that there is power to the automatic door opener?
- Have you checked that the lever inside the garage is on "auto". The lever is generally next to the control box inside the garage. You can either choose "manual" to operate the door with the key or "auto" to operate the door with the remote control.
Garbage disposal not working?
- Is it turned on at the switch?
- Have you attempted to reset the safety switch? This is normally a little red or black button underneath the bottom of the garbage disposal unit. You may have to get on your hands and knees to find the switch. This switch can be activated by an overload and simply needs to be reset.
- Is there a blockage in the sink/blades?
- IMPORTANT - Before putting hands down the sink to check for blockages - make sure unit is turned off at the wall and unplugged.
- Please note that if you have caused the blockage you are responsible for the cost.
Not turning up at an appointment arranged with a tradesperson?
Please note that if you make an appointment with one of our tradespeople to come out to your property and then do not have the courtesy of keeping the appointment, you may be responsible for paying the wasted callout fee. Obviously having any maintenance issues or improvements carried out in a timely fashion benefits you directly, so we do not anticipate having this problem often.